Who We Are
The Puerto Rico Builders Association represents the real estate development and Construction sectors in our productive economy. We are the local chapter for the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB) and the Urban Land Institute (ULI).
Our Association is made up of business and professionals from different backgrounds and capabilities. Our membership consists of real estate developers, builders, contractors, engineers, architects, real estate brokers, bankers, insurers, among others. It is by this diverse membership that we achieve a robust advocacy driven by content and common-sense measures.
We advocate and strive for a healthy business, competitive environments while having a true balance with protecting our natural resources. Above all the efforts to lead the transformation of our economy, our Association also works on measures to achieve and guarantee access to safe affordable housing as well as a modern resilient infrastructure to all of Puerto Rico’s residents.
Today, more than ever, the Puerto Rico Builders Association (ACPR, by its acronym in Spanish) has become more relevant, due to the efforts made to promote and boost our economy with the collaboration of all sectors. We have engaged in various strategic alliances with different sectors to develop a better Puerto Rico for our future generations.
Please join our holistic conversation, and contribute to rebuild a new Puerto Rico true to what our 21st Century World requires. What’s good for our society is good for our Association and its members.
Let’s build the future together!
Alfredo Martínez-Álvarez, Jr.
Puerto Rico Builders Association
Our transformation has been part of a dynamic process with our members responding to new market needs.
Since its inception in 1951, we have constantly adapted and shifted, according to the needs of the real estate development industries in Puerto Rico.
The Puerto Rico Builders Association (ACPR, by its acronym in Spanish) continues to promote the best practices in development, planning and environmental care, in order to:
- Serve our communities.
- Unite real estate leaders and executives from the different sectors: Housing, Commercial, Industrial and Tourism.
- Foster collaboration among members, and alliances with other non-governmental institutions for responsible economic growth and improve the quality of life of communities.
- Lead change in the industry and advance land use policies, regulations and design practices that balance development and our environment.
- Share knowledge and provide continuous education for our members (engineers, architects, realtors and other licensed professionals), while actively participating in the public arena.
- Provide leadership positions to a new generation of entrepreneurs and professionals eager to take prominent roles in our organization, through our councils and committees.
Our main objective is to promote and lead planned, safe and sustainable development, to serve as an economic motor for our island.
Board of Directors 2018
Alfredo Martínez-Álvarez, Jr.
Ar. Vanessa de Mari
Armando Vilas, Esq.
Nory W. Rivera, Esq.
Our Board of Directors
Ricardo Álvarez-Díaz, AIA
Francisco Arteaga, PE
Cristian Bernaschina, Esq.
Ramón de León
Adolfo González, PE
Jorge Guerrero, PE
Adriel Longo, PE
Silvio López, PE
Orlando Méndez, PE
Nydin Watlington, Esq.
Rafael A. Rojo
Roberto J. Trápaga Fonalledas
Armando Vilas-Pica, Esq.
José J. Villamil
Patricio Martínez-Lorenzo, Esq.
CPA María de los Ángeles Rivera